Parkview Dental Associates, SC, has proudly served Sun Prairie, Deforest, Madison, Windsor and surrounding communities since 1969. We are here to answer all your questions about Invisalign. Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION to see whether Invisalign is the right choice for you! Find out more by contacting our team.
Invisalign was developed in 1997, and so far over 9 million people — including 1.4 million teenagers — have successfully completed orthodontic treatment using Invisalign technology. Instead of traditional braces, Invisalign technology uses clear, thin, and flexible aligners that fit snugly over your teeth and apply carefully-controlled forces to gradually move teeth to their ideal alignment. Invisalign aligners are made of medical-grade thermoplastic that are free of BPA, BPS, Latex and gluten. Invisalign aligners are the only type of orthodontic aligners to use SmartTrack technology, making them more comfortable to wear and easier to put on and remove.
We proudly offer a wide range of cosmetic dental services customized to your individual needs.
Steps in Invisalign Treatment:
STEP 1: Set up a free consultation with your Invisalign-trained dentist
- Discuss goals and expectations for your new smile.
- Your dentist will capture a 3D image of your teeth with Itero Element Scan in order to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for Invisalign and show you on the simulator what the transformation will look like.
STEP 2: Check up and Treatment Plan
- Before any orthodontic work begins, we will do a checkup to make sure you have no caries nor any gum or periodontal diseases.
- Proprietary ClinCheck software maps out a customized digital treatment plan to ensure every tooth moves in the right order and at the right time.
STEP 3: Start wearing aligner trays
- The movement of your teeth will be broken down into many stages and a pair of unique aligners (for both top and bottom teeth) will be created for each stage. Each set of aligners will gently and gradually move your teeth until you reach your beautiful new smile.
- You will wear each set of aligners for a minimum of 20 hours a day, changing to the next set in your series every 1 to 2 weeks.
- Schedule checkup appointments with your dentist every 4-6 weeks to monitor your progress and to pick up your next set of aligners.
Optional: In certain cases, your dentist will place SmartForce attachments (tiny tooth-colored shapes) on your teeth. These attachments act as “handles” to help the aligners make complex tooth movements possible without braces.
Frequently Asked Questions about Invisalign:
1. What common dental issues can Invisalign resolve?
- Besides improving appearance and instilling confidence in your smile, Invisalign also corrects poor teeth alignment that can compromise the health of your teeth. For example, crowded teeth, which are difficult to brush and floss properly, can greatly increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Poor bite alignment (overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite…) can lead to chronic jaw pain, temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD), grinding and clenching at night, and excessive wear-and-tear on your teeth.
2. What are the major benefits of Invisalign compared to traditional braces?
- Virtually invisible
- Faster and more predictable results (average treatment time about 6-12 months)
- Easily removable for eating, drinking and cleaning (flossing and brushing)
- Aligner trimmed to your gum line for optimal comfort and appearance
- No food restrictions
- Teeth Grinding Protection
3. Is Invisalign treatment painful?
- The aligners apply gentle, constant force on your teeth. You may feel “pressure” on your teeth for the first couple of days of wearing a new set of aligners. This is completely normal, indicating your aligners are working to move your teeth. The discomfort will diminish over the course of the week indicating the movement has taken place and the aligners are now holding the teeth in their new positions. Sometimes you may feel that your teeth are loose or sensitive when you bite down into harder foods. This is due to your bone and gums re-forming around each tooth as it moves.
4. How to Care for your teeth and aligners during Invisalign treatment
- Brush your teeth after every meal or snack to avoid food residues getting trapped in the aligners, which could lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Clean your aligners by brushing them daily and then rinsing them under lukewarm water. NEVER use hot water on your aligners as it could permanently warp the plastic.
5. What are the payment options for Invisalign?
- Many of our patients have taken advantage of their HSA and Flex Health Account to cover the treatment. We offer several flexible payment options to make it affordable to our patients.
Are you interested in finding out more about Invisalign and whether it is the right choice for you? Parkview Dental Associates, SC, has proudly served Sun Prairie, Deforest, Madison, Winsor and the surrounding communities since 1969. We take great pride in providing top-notch preventive, restorative and cosmetic dental services to our patients. All of our dentists are Invisalign-trained. Call 608-837-7394 today to schedule a FREE Invisalign Consultation!
I have been a long time patient since the early 90s. Dr. Wilhelms and his staff have been calming and professional every visit for the last several years. Thank you!
I have been a patient at Parkview for over 30 years and counting. The staff is awesome and Dr. Wilhems has been a wonderful dentist and I couldn't be happier with the service.
Always friendly. courteous staff and a positive experience. Knowledgeable dentists and support staff. Will work with your insurance and also any excess payments you might need to make.
Dr. Casteel did an amazing job on two fillings, very impressed! Not to mention I was able to get seen for an appointment right away! I felt I was in such good hands. I would definitely recommend Parkview Dental to anyone!
After not being at the dentist for sometime I was a bit worried how my first cleaning would go. I was very pleased!
Dr. Limke is the best dentist I have ever had! He tells it to you straight and is invested in your overall health. The staff is always friendly and accommodating! I tell all my friends about Parkview Dental!
The whole team was super helpful and respectful! They went above and beyond to take care of me! I am super thankful for them and their service!!
I have the best hygienist in Sun Prairie. Very personable and knowledgeable. Love her.
My hygienist was great. I would recommend her.
Parkview Dental Associates, SC will put a smile on your face.
Call or click to book your visit!